What is an Applet?- An applet is a small server side application that can be loaded and controlled on the browser by the client application.
- An applet has limited access to resources in order to ensure security.
- An applet is typically embedded inside a web page and runs in the context of a browser.
- An applet must be a subclass of the java.applet.Applet class.
- The Applet class provides the standard interface between the applet and the browser environment.
- Swing provides a special subclass of the Applet class called javax.swing.JApplet.
- The JApplet class should be used for all applets that use Swing components to construct their graphical user interfaces (GUIs).
- The browser's Java Plug-in software manages the lifecycle of an applet.
- Use a web server to test the examples in this lesson.
- The use of local applets is not recommended, and local applets are blocked when the security level setting in the Java Control Panel is set to High or Very High.