Explain RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) features.RPM is a package managing system (collection of tools to manage software packages).
- RPM can verify software packages.
- RPM can be served as a powerful search engine to search for software’s.
- Components, software’s etc can be upgraded using RPM without having to reinstall them
- Installing, reinstalling can be done with ease using RPM
- During updates RPM handles configuration files carefully, so that the customization is not lost.
Explain RPM (Red Hat Package Manager) features.RPM is a powerful software management tool for installing, uninstalling, verifying, querying and updating software packages. RPM is a straight forward program to perform the above software management tasks. It is available with Fedora, Suse, CentOS, Mandriva Linux and other version of Linux.