What is HEAP table?- Tables that are present in the memory are called as HEAP tables.
- When creating a HEAP table in MySql, user needs to specify the TYPE as HEAP.
- These tables are now more commonly known as memory tables.
- These memory tables never have values with data type like “BLOB” or “TEXT”. They use indexes which make them faster.
- They use a hashed index and are stored in the memory.
- This makes them very fast but if MYSQL crashes all data stored in them can be lost.
- It is very useful as a temporary table.
- The internal heap tables use 100% dynamic hashing without the overflow areas.
- They do not have a problem with delete and insert.