Explain advantages of MyISAM over InnoDB?- MyISAM is faster than InnoDB in most of the cases.
- MyISAM table is stored as a separate file which can be compressed.
- This means that MyISAM has a better storage management.
- MyISAM supports full indexing that is not supported by InnoDb.
Explain advantages of MyISAM over InnoDBThe following are the advantages of MyISAM over InnoDB:
- MyISAM tables are stored in separate files in compressed mode, where as InnoDB tables are stored in table space.
- More options for further optimization in MyISAM, where as there is no further optimization possible with InnoDB.
- Data except for TEXT and BLOB can occupy at most 8000 bytes in InnoDB.
- Full text indexing available in MyISAM, where as no full text indexing is available for InnoDB.
- Count(*) function’s execution is slower in InnoDB because of table space complexity.