Explain how to create a new table using MyISAM storage engine.
- MyISAM is based on Indexed Sequential Access Method which is the default storage engine.
- However, in order to mention the storage engine, "ENGINE = MYISAM" can be mentioned in the end of the "CREATE TABLE" statement.
- MyISAM is a default storage engine.
- Each MyISAM table is stored on disk in three files.
- The files have names that begin with the table name and have an extension to indicate the file type.
- An .frm file stores the table format. The data file has an .MYD (MYData) extension. The index file has an .MYI (MYIndex) extension.
- To specify explicitly that you want a MyISAM table, indicate that with an ENGINE table option:
CREATE TABLE n (i INT) ENGINE = MYISAM;