Explain the steps to create a windows service.Steps to create a windows service:
1. Creating a Service.
2. Adding Features of the Service.
3. Setting Service Status.
4. Adding Installers to the Service.
5. Set Startup Parameters.
6. Building the Service.
7. Installing the Service.
8. Starting and Running the Service.
1.Creating a Service:
- It creates a class for you that inherits from System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase
- It writes much of the basic service code, such as the code to start the service.
2.Adding Features of the Service:
- It overrides any other methods that you want to redefine.
- Adding features to the service for the OnStart and OnStop procedures.
3.Setting Service Status:
- By default services created with System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase implement only a subset of the available status flags.
- If your service takes a long time to start up, pause or stop, you can implement status values such as Start Pending or Stop Pending to indicate that it's working on an operation.
4.Adding Installers to the Service:
- Adding installers to the service for your service application.
5. Set Startup Parameters:
- It specifies default startup arguments and enable users to override default settings when they start your service manually.
6. Building the Service:
- To build your service project.
7. Installing the Service:
- Installing the service on the local machine.
8. Starting and Running the Service:
- Access the Windows Service Control Manager and starting and running the service.