What is a Serviced component?- A serviced component is a class that is inside all the CLS-complaint languages.
- It derives directly or indirectly from the System.EnterpriseServices.ServicedComponent class.
- This way of configuring the classes allows to be hosted in a COM+ application and is able to use COM+ services.
- It represents the base class of all classes using COM+ services.
- It is a mechanism that enables COM+ services to be available to .NET framework classes.
- It is a .Net component that uses the component services of COM+.
- Serviced component enables the context sharing between the COM+ and .Net framework classes.
- It is created by defining class that has been directly or indirectly derived from the ServicesComponent class.
- It utilizes the COM+ services by using the attributes of the System.EnterpriseServices namespace.