What is Ethernet technology?- Ethernet technology is a high speed broadcast bus technology.
- In this type, all the station shares a single ether channel and receives every single transmitted signal.
- It is related to the family of local area network (LAN) and they are covered by the IEEE 802.3 standard which is commonly known as the CSMA/CD protocol.
They have the following characteristics:
1. They are easy to understand,implement,manage and maintain.
2. The network implementations are of low cost.
3. They provide extensive topological flexibility for network installation.
4. They guarantee the successful interconnection and operation of standards-complaint products, regardless of the manufacturer.