What is IP Multicasting?- It is an IP address that identifies a particular group of hosts in network.
- This group of hosts is called a multicast group.
- It is a method for sending Internet Protocol (IP) datagrams to a group receivers in a single transmission.
- It is used for streaming media applications on Internet and private networks.
- It uses the special reserved multicast address blocks in IPv4 and IPv6.
- IP multicast addressing in IPv6 replaces broadcast addressing as implemented in IPv4.