What is subneting?- Subnet adds one level to the way IP address is represented.
- It logically organizes the network. For instance, it can logically group computers belongs to the finance department.
- A network segment and a host segment is included in an IP address.
- Subnetting is where sub-networks are added in the organizations without acquiring a new network number via the Internet service provider (ISP).
- The network traffic is reduced and the network complexity is concealed.
- It can be used when numerous segments of a local area network (LAN) is allocated by a single network number.