Explain why use Multicasting.- When the same message or packet needs to be sent to multiple destinations, multicasting is used.
- Within campus and offices, using multicasting file distribution can be done.
- System messages, news and videos can be sent at the same time.
- More commonly used for audio and video streaming.
- Used for programming on MBone which allows the users at high-bandwidth points to receive video and sound programming.
- It also uses a protocol which allows the signal to be encapsulated as TCP/IP packet.