Function VS Procedure
Function VS Procedure - Functions are typically used to return table variables. Stored procedures cant return table variables however, can create tables.
- A procedure may or may not return multiple values. A function cannot return more than one value and has to return at least one value.
- A function can only have IN parameters while stored procedures can have IN, OUT and INOUT parameters.
Function VS Procedure - A FUNCTION always returns a value using the return statement while a PROCEDURE may return one or more values through parameters or may not return at all.
- Functions can be used in select or update or delete statement while procedure can't.
- Functions are normally used for computations where as procedures are normally used for executing business logic.
- A Function returns 1 value only. Procedure can return multiple values.
- Stored procedure is precompiled execution plan where as functions are not.
Oracle numeric functions
Oracle numeric functions - NVL, ABS,CEIL,FLOOR, MOD, SQRT, EXP,LN AND LOG, ROUND AND TRUNC, AVG, COUNT, MAX, MIN AND SUM...
Data manipulation language(DML)
Data manipulation language(DML) - Overview of Data Manipulation Language, Explain how to retrieve information using SELECT., Add information using INSERT...
Oracle displaying and aggregating data
Oracle displaying and aggregating data - What are aggregate functions in SQL? What are those functions?, SUM function, AVG (average) function, COUNT function...