Explain the types of portals, Function-based portals and User-based portals.1. Function-based Portals
i. Horizontal Portals:
- These are the portals are of type general interest.
- Yahoo!,Lycos,AOL,Freeserve,Sympatico are examples of horizontal portals.
ii. Vertical Portals:
- They provide a gateway to the information pertaining to a specific industry such as insurance, banking, finance, automobile, telecom etc.
2. User-Based Portals
i. B2B Portals:
- The enterprises extend to suppliers and partners by using B2B portals.
ii. B2C Portals:
- The enterprises extend to customers for ordering, billing, services by using B2C portals.
iii. B2E Portals:
- The enterprise knowledge base integration and related applications into user customizable environment is done with B2E portals.
- This environment is like one stop shop.