What is PortletSession interface?- User identification across many requests and transient information storage about the user is processed by PortletSession interace. One PortletSession is created per portlet application per client.
- The PortletSession interface provides a way to identify a user across more than one request and to store transient information about that user.
- The storing of information is defined in two scopes:
- All the objects in the session are available to all portlets,servlets, JSPs of the same portlet application, by using APPLICATION_SCOPE.
- All the objects in the session are available to the portlet during the requests for the same portlet window.
- The attributes persisted in the PORTLET_SCOPE are not protected from other web components.