Explain the difference between RPC and RMI.RMI:
- The remote objects are accessed by the references.
- Implements object to object implementation among different java objects to implement distributed communication model.
- RMI passes the objects as parameters to remote methods.
- RMI invokes the remote methods from the objects.
- The process is through methods / functions.
- Proxy server is involved in processing the procedure calls.
- Calls a procedure remotely like invoking the methods.
- The remoteness is not exactly transparent to the client.
Difference between RPC and RMI.- RPC can be used to invoke functions through a proxy functions.
- RMI can used to invoke methods of an object.