How to schedule SSAS Database backup.?Steps to schedule SSAS database backup:
- Open SSMS
- Right click the Job folder of the SQL Agent node and choose New job.
- Enter a job name.
- Go to steps page and click New button.
- Enter a step name and select SSAS command as job type.
- Enter the Server name and the following command
How to schedule SSAS Database backup.
SSAS database backups can be taken using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). In order to create a backup using the SSAS backup option, a SQL Server Agent Job needs to be created and scheduled.
This can be achieved by following the steps below:
- SQL Agent node’s job folder should be right clicked to select “new” job option. This job can be given a name and go to steps page.
- In the steps page, a new step should be created SQL Server Analysis Services Command should be selected as the job type.
- The server name can be entered.
- The SSAS database name and the backup name should be changed.
- From the schedule page the schedule can be created.
The SSAS database backups cannot be scheduled. They can only be taken using SQL Server Management Stdio (SSMS).
The SQL Server Agent Job can schedule a job as required.
This can be done by creating a new job from the Job folder of the SQL Agent node in SSMS.
Then on the steps page, a new step has to be created and the job type can be selected as SQL Server Analysis Services Command.
Then the following command can be entered after entering a server name and then a schedule can be created using the schedule page per requirement.