Describe when checkpoints are created in a transaction log.- It is created when CHECKPOINT statement is executed.
- It is created database option is changed using ALTER DATABASE.
- It is created when SQL Server is stopped by executing a SHUTDOWN statement.
- SQL Server periodically generates automatic checkpoints in each database to reduce the amount of time the instance would take to recover the database
Describe when checkpoints are created in a transaction log.Activities causing checkpoints are:
- When a checkpoint is explicitly executed.
- A logged operation is performed on the database.
- Database files have been altered using Alter Database command.
- SQL Server has been stopped explicitly or on its own.
- SQL Server periodically generates checkpoints.
- Backup of a database is taken.