How to unzip a File in SSIS?One can use the Execute process task available under Control Flow task to unzip a file in SSIS.
Steps to do so:
- Drag and drop Execute Process Task to the control flow.
- In Execute process, provide the path of the executable (Executable), provide arguments to extract the zip files (Arguments), and provide working directory for processing (Working Directory) configurations.
How to unzip a File in SSIS?Execute Process Task in the Control Flow task can be used to unzip a file. The execute process task needs to be dragged and dropped to the control flow followed by configuration of Executables to specify the path of application, Arguments to extract zip files (path) and Working directory.
How to unzip a File in SSIS?Use the Execute Process Task in the Control Flow task.
In BIDS, drag and drop an Execute Process task to the control flow and configure.
In the Execute Process, you need to perform three configurations:
1. Executable: This is the path of the application you are going to use.
2. Arguments: Arguments to extract the zipped files.
1. e: stands for Extract files to current directory.
2. Then the full path name of the zipped file.
3. –o+: overwrite existing files.
3. Working Directory: Current directory for the process.