Explain how servlets differ from RMI. Explain the advantages and disadvantages of each technology.- RMI (Remote Method Invocation) are a means of client server communication.
- In this, the client invokes a method on the server machine and the server machine process returns the result back to the client. We need to run RMI registry to use RMI.
- Servlets are used to extend the server side functionality of a website.
- They communicate with various application on the server side and respond to the request made by the client.
- Servlets are modules that run within the server and receive and respond to the requests made by the client.
- Servlets retrieve most of the parameters using the input stream and send their responses using an output stream.