Define Struts.- Struts is a framework for creating Java web applications. Web applications differ from conventional websites in that web applications can create a dynamic response. Due to the blend of database, design and control flow codes of JSP, the larger applications become difficult to maintain.
- The solution to this is to use the MVC (Model-View-Controller) architecture.
- The Model represents the business or database code.
- The View represents the page design code.
- The Controller represents the navigational code.
- The framework provides three key components:
1. A "request" handler provided by the application developer that is mapped to a standard URI.
2. A "response" handler that transfers control to another resource which completes the response.
3. A "tag library" that helps developers create interactive form-based applications with server pages.
- Struts are an open framework that is used for development of JAVA web application.
- Struts extend Java Servlets API that helps developer to use MVP architecture. Struts offer easy solution to the developer to implement MVP in projects.