What is Jakarta Struts Framework?- It is an open source framework for creating web applications.
- Web applications, some deliver static content and some create dynamic response.
- A web application can perform database actions and perform business logic to make responses customized.
- A web application that uses JSP sometimes mix the operations like database code, design code, and control code. In this way a web application becomes difficult to maintain.
- Model, View, Control(MVC) architecture is one of the ways to separate the concerns in developing software applications.
- The struts framework is designed to isolate these process (MVC architecture) while designing web applications.
- The struts framework provides the key components for a web applicatons such as:
1. A “request” – is being handled by the request handler which is developed by application developer which is mapped to a standard URI.
2. A “response” handler – transferring the control from one resource to another that finishes the process of response.
3. A "tag library" – which is used to create interactive form-based applications by the developers with server pages.
- Struts also works well with the conventional applications with SOAP and AJAX.
Core classes of the Struts Framework
Core classes of the Struts Framework - The core classes of Struts framework are: ActionServlet, ActionForm, Action, Action Mapping, ActionForward.....