What is the purpose of envisioning?- Purpose of envisioning is to predict the scope of the project.
- Envisioning ensures that the team has a common vision with respect to the goal.
- It helps to take future decisions, find out impacts of the business requirement.
- Envisioning will help the team identify risks and get an abstract view of the project.
- During this phase the team clarifies the business problem or opportunity that the solution must solve.
- It completes tasks and creates deliverables to meet the goal of this phase to create a high-level view of the project's goals, constraints, and solution.
- This phase culminates in the Vision/Scope Approved Milestone, indicating team and customer agreement on the purpose and direction of the project.
- Note: The "customer" is the individual or individuals who expect to gain business value from the solution, and is also known as the business sponsor.
- The CFO, representing the corporation, might be the customer for a solution to be implemented by a project team within the IT organization.