Job requirements of B Sc Dialysis TechnologyAsked by: Guest
- 27 Jun 16
What are the responsibilities and job requirements of a graduate dialysis technician? If I pursue B Sc Dialysis technology, what are the post graduate courses available for me?
Our expert said
- 09 Jul 16
B Sc in Dialysis Technology is a 3 years graduate course which can be opted by 12th pass students with PCB. The key responsibilities of a dialysis technician are:
- Setting up dialysis machine
- Operating dialysis machine
- Supervising dialysis process
- Cleaning and inspection of dialysis machine
- Guiding the patient with the dialysis process
- Patient monitoring
- Recording vital stats for the patient
- Administering anaesthesia
- Calculating blood flow in the patient etc.
Dialysis technician not only works as a technician but also plays a role of dialysis supervisor, dialysis assistant or dialysis therapist when situations arise. Technicians are posted in Government and private hospitals, clinics or healthcare set-up wherever dialysis treatment is offered.
The post-graduate courses available after B Sc Dialysis Technology are:
- M Sc in Dialysis Technology
- M Sc in Dialysis Therapy
- M Sc in Renal Science and Dialysis Technology
- M Sc in Renal Replacement Therapy and Dialysis Technology.
Post-graduate diploma courses are also available for 1 year duration.