Why do you want to work for us? Why should we hire you?Asked by: Guest
- 06 May 16
I left my job as we moved from Bangalore to Delhi due to personal circumstances. Now, I almost always come across this question in interview “Why do you want to work for us? Why should we hire you?” How to respond to this question?
Our expert said
- 06 May 16
When the interviewer asks ‘why do you want to work for us?’ he wants to know the level of preference for the organization and the profile been applied for. This question demands
- The career goal of the applicant
- The interest of the candidate towards the job profile and whether it would give them good output.
- Whether the profile fits to the candidate’s action plans and ideas
- The candidate’s knowledge regarding the organization.
- Any special skills in the candidate which could help the organization
Coming to the next part ‘why should we hire you?; here the interviewer decides from the response what can the company derive from the candidate? The candidate needs to work out on few things before attending the interview.
- Know regarding the organization, its profit and loss channels.
- Have complete knowledge of the job profile being applied for
- Pay attention to the interviewer and the areas they stress on to understand their requirements.
- Smartly fit-in your skills to their requirements.