Explain EV-DO/ EVDO.- EVDO stands for Evolution Data Optimized
- EVDO is a 3G broadband technology used by Verizon, Spring, Alltel
- It provides typical download speeds of 600 to 1400 KBPS
- A personal broadband service for wide range of customers
- It is always On
- EVDO utilizes CDMA signals
- Users can be connected remotely for using email, downloading large files, spreadsheets etc.
- EVDO is relatively low cost with high capacity
- Allows rich web browsing and application usage
- Seamless roaming, internal internet connectivity without relying on other’s connection, accessibility to the corporate Virtual Private Network by customers are some of the advantages over WiFi.