Types of hand off in CDMA system: a.) Soft handoff b.) Softer handoff
Explain the following two types of hand off in CDMA system: a.) Soft handoff b.) Softer handoffa.) Soft handoff
- Soft handoff is a feature in which a cellular phone is simultaneously connected to two or more cellular phones during a single call
- It is he overlapping of repeater coverage ones, which enables every cell phone set is always well within the range of a specific repeater.
- More than one repeater can send and receive signals to transmit signals to and from mobiles.
- All repeaters are used with the same frequency channel for each mobile phone set.
- Practically no dead zones and as result, the connections seldom interrupted or dropped.
b.) Softer handoff
- Softer handover is a significant soft handover in which the added and removed links belong to the same node
- Macro diversity with maximum ratio combining could be performed in the same node
- The movement of handoff, when a user can be served in another cell more efficiently (less power emission, less interference), is the most obvious cause for better performance.
What is GSM?
Short form of Global System for Mobile Communications, is a wireless network system.......
a.) Sectorization of a cell - Sectorization is a process to cut down equipment costs in a cellular network. It influences in traffic load and cell size........