Explain EDGE.- EDGE is an acronym for Enhanced Data GSM Environment
- An improved wireless technology over GSM
- A 2nd generation cell phone technology
- EDGE is used for wireless data transfer via mobile phone connection
- Data transfer rates up to 4 times more than GSM networks
- With the advent of Blackberry and iPhone, faster data transfer is sought
- Using more sophisticated coding, usually without high end hardware, wireless carrier’s base stations are supported for data transfer speeds up to 384 KBPS
- EDGE is an alternative to replacing wireless technology, such as GPRS
- EDGE will eventually be replaced by 3G technology such as WCDMA.
DECT is one of the wireless technologies, originated in Europe, DECT was designed to interwork with various networks such as PSTN, ISDN, GSM etc.......
High Speed Packet Access.
High Speed Packet Access. HSPA is a combination of 2 mobile telephony protocols – High Speed Downlink Packet Access and High Speed Uplink Packet Access......
Explain EV-DO/ EVDO
Explain EV-DO/ EVDO EVDO stands for Evolution Data Optimized, EVDO is a 3G broadband technology used by Verizon, Spring, Alltel...