Explain GPRS- Short form of General Packet Radio System.
- GPRS is the next generation of GSM, and the basis of the 3G networks.
- A packet oriented data service available to users of GSM and IS-136 type mobile phones.
- It complements the existing services like circuit-switched cellular phone connections and the SMS.
- Shortest set-up time is added for ISP connections.
- An optimized mobile service for sending and receiving information across a mobile telephone network, with less cost.
- GPRS provides data rates of mobile telephony and moderate speed data transfer, using unused TDMA channels.
- GPRS does not need dial-up modem connection.
- Sending and receiving e-mails, surfing internet are among the features of GPRS.