What is iphone OS?- iPhone OS runs on iPhone and iPod touch devices.
- Hardware devices are managed by iPhone OS and provide the technologies needed for implementing native applications on the phone.
- The OS ships with several system applications such as Mail, Safari, Phone, which provide standard services to the user.
- It is a mobile operating system which is created and developed by Apple.inc
- Its user interface is based on the concept of direct manipulation using multi touch gestures.
- Its interface includes sliders,switches and buttons.
- The interaction with the OS is done with gestures such as swipe,tap,pinch,reverse pinch.
- It shares with the OS X frameworks such as Core foundation and foundation kit. Its UI is Cocoa touch.
It has four abstraction layers:
1. The core OS layer
2. The core services layer
3. The media layer
4. Cocoa touch layer