10th Sikh preceptor Guru Gobind Singh’s 350th birth anniversary celebrated
Q. Which Sikh preceptor is known to the world as a warrior saint?- Published on 26 Sep 16
a. Guru Gobind Singh
b. Guru Nanak
c. 10th preceptor
d. Both a and c
e. None of the above
ANSWER: Both a and c
The tenth Sikh preceptor Guru Gobind Singh is known to the world as the warrior saint
- He also wrote 17 verse collections part of the Dasam Granth- a separate religious text from Guru Granth Sahib
- He was born in 1666 in Patna
- He wrote 17 verse collections of which only one is in Punjabi- the remaining are in Hindi, braj, Bhojpuri, Persian and other languages
- Versatility of the Poet Guru is notable.
- 50 poets be patronised translated the Bhagwad Gita and and other religious texts from Sanskrit to Hindi
- Guruji was the true poet of veer ras.
- Zafarnama written by Guruji in Persian is a literary piece which is rare
- Guruji selected three Dalits among the 'panj pyaras' for creating the 'Khalsa' panth. The poor and the downtrodden were always in his mind.