3 new members Broadcasting Contents Complaints Council
Q. BCCC has appointed whom as its broadcast members in the eminent person’s category?- Published on 29 Aug 16
a. Sharmila Tagore
b. Ira Bhaskar
c. Arundhati Nag
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
Broadcasting Content Complaints Council announced the appointment of actress Sharmila Tagore, theatre activist Arundhati Nag and academician Ira Bhaskar as the new non-broadcast members in the eminent persons category.
- Tagore is a popular Bollywood actress from the family of famous poet and nationalist Rabindranath Tagore; she also served as chairperson of the Central Board of Film Certification from 2004-2011.
- Bhaskar, professor of cinema studies at School of Arts and Aesthetics JNU was also a member of CBFC till recently
- BCCC is an independent self regulatory body for general entertainment channels set up by Indian Broadcasting Foundation
- Appointments for the three year term were approved by directors of IBF following the exit of Shabana Azmi, Bhaskar Ghose and Vir Sanghvi.
- All 3 were associated with BCCC since its inception
- New members will assume their positions from September 2016
- The regulatory body also appoints members from National Statutory Commission and broadcast sector
- 13 member body includes National Commission for chairperson PL Punia, member of NCW Laldingliani Sailo, general counsel and company secretary at Viacom 18 Sujeet Jain and President (Legal and Regulatory) at Zee Network, A. Mohan.