36th International Geological Congress to be held in 2020
Q. India is going to host 36th International Geological Congress (IGC) in 2020 in which city?- Published on 27 Nov 17
a. NCR New Delhi
ANSWER: NCR New Delhi
India is going to host 36th
International Geological Congress (IGC) in 2020 in NCR New Delhi.
India had won the bid in 2012 at 34th
IGC Brisbane, Australia to host the Congress in 2020.
Recently, delegation of International Union of Geological Sciences (IUGS) had visited India to discuss preparatory aspects of 36th
IGC.IUGN: Know More
- The International Union of Geological Sciences is an international non-governmental organization devoted to international cooperation in the field of geology.
- President: Qiuming Cheng (Canada/China)
- Parent organization: International Council for Science
- Motto: Earth Science for the Global Community
- Founded: 1961
- Headquarters: Founded in Paris, France, secretariat in Beijing, China
- Key people: Sec.Gen.: Stanley Finney (US); Treasurer: Hiroshi Kitazato (Japan)