8 cities are to be developed as ‘Model Solar Cities'
Q. How many ‘Model Solar Cities’ will be developed?- Published on 23 Dec 16
- The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has approved a proposed master plan to develop 50 solar cities, including three in the national capital region.
- Out of the proposed 60 solar cities, sanctions have been issued for 50 cities.
- Eight cities are to be developed as ‘Model Solar Cities'.
- Of these 8 cities, Nagpur, Chandigarh, Gandhinagar and Mysore have so far been selected to be developed as ‘Model Solar Cities.
- Fifteen cities will be developed as ‘Pilot Solar Cities.’