Acclaimed Kannada movie Thithi wins BRICS award
Q. Which movie won the Best Firm Award at the first BRICS Film Festival?- Published on 08 Sep 16
a. Xuan Zang
b. The Battle for Sevastopol
d. None of the above
Acclaimed Kannada movie Thithi on 6th September 2016 won the Best Film Award at the first BRICS film festival that concluded in New Delhi.
- BRICS film festival was organised as part of the special events planned in the run-up to the BRICS summit to be held in India
- Five day long festival screened movies from India, Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa
- China’s Chengdu city will host the next edition of the BRICS film festival.
- Thithi is a 2016 Kannada film written and directed by Raam Reddy and is a story about three generations of men reacting to the death of their 101 year old patriarch
- Film premiers in 68th Locarno International Film Festival on 8th August 2015 where it won the Golden Leopard in the Filmmakers of the Present category for Reddy as well as the first feature award from Swatch
- At the 63rd National Film Awards, the film also won the National Film Award for the Best Feature Film in Kannada
- Filmmaker Jianqi Huo from China won the best director award for Xuan Zang
- Russia’s Yulia Peresild received the Best Actress Award for the Battle of Sevastopol
- South Africa’s Thabo Rametsi clinched the best actor award for rile in Kalushi