‘Adopt a Green Highway’ Program
Q. ‘Adopt a Green Highway’ Program is for engaging which of the following entities?
1) Public Sector units
3) Government organizations- Published on 04 Jul 16
b. 1, 2
c. 1, 3
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
- The National Green Highway Mission initiated the ‘Adopt a Green Highway’ Program to engage corporates, Public Sector units, Government organizations and other institutions for developing green corridor along National Highways through plantation and allied activity on avenue, median and other available nearby land patches.
- It is on the lines of 'Adopt a Highway' in the United States.
- Even NGOs can take up NH stretches for plantation and their maintenance for five years.
- The plantation is estimated to sequester approximately 12 lakh tonnes carbon annually.