Aims of National Urban Livelihood Mission - Rural & Urban Development
Q. What are the aims / focus areas of National Urban Livelihood Mission (NULM) which was previously known as Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana?
1) Organize urban poor in self help groups
2) Create opportunities for their skill development
3) Address livelihood concerns of the urban street vendors
4) Provide shelter to urban homeless
5) Easy access to credit for them, to setup of self-employment ventures- Published on 06 Aug 15
a. Only 1, 2 and 5
b. Only 1, 2, 3 and 5
c. Only 1, 2 and 3
d. All of the above
ANSWER: All of the above
NULM envisages mobilization of urban poor households into thrift and credit based Self-Help Groups (SHGs) and their federations/collectives. It is launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation in the 12th Five Year Plan.