Air Quality index (AQI) has eight pollutants
Q. Which of the following pollutants are included to measure Air Quality index?
1) Sulphur dioxide.
2) Carbon Dioxide.
3) Carbon monoxide- Published on 09 Feb 16
a. Only 1 and 3
b. Only 2 and 3
c. Only 1and 2
d. All of the Above
ANSWER: Only 1 and 3
- In India, there are six AQI categories, namely Good, Satisfactory, Moderately polluted, Poor, Very Poor, and Severe.
- The AQI considers eight pollutants (PM10, PM2.5, NO2, SO2, CO, O3, NH3, and Pb)
- Cities in North India have air 2-3 times worse than those in South.
- Bengaluru had the cleanest air among those studied.