Airtel Payments Bank and Mastercard, a leading global payments and technology firm has launched India’s first online debit card along with a prepaid card, both accessible via the Myairtel App.
The online debit card will enable customers of Airtel Payments Bank to make digital payments at over 100,000 online merchants.
Mastercard also has agreed to provide payment processing solutions to Airtel Payments Bank.
The platform will enable Airtel Payment Bank to provide various payment services like switching, card management along with support for reconciliation and dispute management processes.
Airtel was first to launch payment bank operations in November 2016 by launching pilot programme in Rajasthan.??Mastercard: Know More
- CEO: Ajaypal Singh Banga
- Headquarters: Purchase, New York, United States
- Revenue: 9.66 billion USD (2015)
- Founded: 16 December 1966
- Founders: Bank of California, First Interstate Bancorp, Crocker National Bank, Wells Fargo
- Subsidiaries: DataCash, MasterCard Advisors LLC.