Amazon founder and CEO Jeff Bezos is third richest man: Forbes
Q. Which of the following is the third richest person globally, according to Forbes real time wealth tracker?- Published on 01 Aug 16
a. Jeff Bezos
b. Warren Buffet
c. Bill Gates
d. Amancio Ortega
ANSWER: Jeff Bezos
Amazon CEO and founder Jeff Bezos has removed Warren Buffet as the third richest person globally with estimated annual worth of USD 65.3 billion according to Forbes real time wealth tracker.
- Buffet’s worth was pegged at USD 64.9 billion.
- Bezos has surpassed Buffet as the third richest person on the planet.
- Amazon has reported robust Q2 earnings with the company posting a profit of USD 857 million up from USD 92 million a year back.
- Amazon revenue also jumped up 31 percent to USD 30.4 billion topping analyst estimates of 29.5 billion.
- The stock has climbed, nothing up 11 percent gains this year and 41 percent over the past 12 months.
- Bill Gates is the richest person in the world with net worth of USD 75 billion.
- Zara’s Amancio Ortega is the second richest Indian in the world with net worth of USD 67 billion.