Anjum Chopra gets MCC honorary life membership
Q. Which Indian cricketer became the first Indian woman to get the MCC membership?- Published on 09 Sep 16
a. Anjum Chopra
b. Anjum Singh
c. Anjum Mehta
d. Anjum Kumar
ANSWER: Anjum Chopra
Ex Indian women’s cricket team captain Anjum Chopra has been awarded the honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club along with Virender Sehwag and Zaheer Khan.
- She is the first Indian woman sportsperson to receive this honour
- 39 years old currently, she has plated 12 tests, 127 ODIs and 18 T20s for India.
- Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC) is a cricket club in London, founded in 1787. It owns, and is based at, Lord’s Cricket Ground in St John’s Wood, London NW8.
- MCC was formerly the governing body of cricket both in England and Wales as well as worldwide.
- Since 2005 the MCC has funded six university cricket academies known as the MCC Universities (MCCUs).
- The MCC also produces a bible for cricket called the Coaching Manual
- It has an intake limit of 1800 members