AP attains 100 percent electrification of households
Q. Andhra Pradesh has become the second state after which one to achieve 100 percent electrification of households?- Published on 14 Sep 16
Andhra Pradesh has become the second state in the country after Gujarat to attain 100 percent electrification of households, based on findings of a national level survey on electrification in numerous states.
- CM C Naidu said 100 percent electrification was achieved by June end and the target of ensuring uninterrupted world class quality power supply is a must
- Access to electricity is the key socio-economic indicator
- Close to 35 percent of the households in states like UP, MP and Bihar lack access to power supply
- Currently the overall transmission and distribution losses for this Southern state was 10.3 percent
- Investment of INR 20000 crore has been proposed over the next five years to strengthen the transmission and distribution system and and extend the power supply connection on demand
- Energy efficiency and conservation will also be taken in a massive way in government sector
- AP’s capital city is Amravati and it is located on Southern banks of River Krishna.
- Its official language is Telugu