Articles related to Parliament
Q. Which of the following is/are true?
1) Article 110 deals with Money bills.
2) Article 105 deals with passage of bills.
3) Article 108 deals with Joint sitting of both houses.
4) Article 111 deals with assent of the President to bills.- Published on 23 Feb 17
a. 1, 2, 3
b. 1, 3, 4
c. 2, 3, 4
d. 1, 2, 4
ANSWER: 1, 3, 4
Articles related to Parliament -
Officers of Parliament -
- Article 79 - Constitution of Parliament.
- Article 80 - Composition of the council of states.
- Article 81 - Composition of the House of the people.
- Article 82 - Re-adjustment after each census.
- Article 83 - Duration of Houses of Parliament.
- Article 84 - Qualification for membership of Parliament.
- Article 85 - Sessions of Parliament, prorogation and dissolution.
- Article 86 - Right of President to address and send messages to Houses.
- Article 87 - Special address by the President.
- Article 88 - Rights of ministers and Attorney General as respects Houses.
Conduct of Business -
- Article 89 - The chairman and deputy chairman of the council of states.
- Article 90 - Vacation and resignation of, and removal from, the office of deputy chairman.
- Article 91 - Power of the Deputy Chairman or other person to perform the duties of the office of, or to act as, Chairman.
- Article 92 - The Chairman or the Deputy Chairman not to preside while a resolution for his removal from office is under consideration.
- Article 93 - The Speaker and Deputy Speaker of the House of the people.
- Article 94 - Vacation and resignation of, and removal from, the offices of Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
- Article - Power of the Deputy Speaker or other person to perform the duties of the office of, or to act as, Speaker.
- Article 96 - The Speaker or the Deputy Speaker not to preside while a resolution for his removal from office is under consideration.
- Article 97 - Salaries and allowances of the Chairman and Deputy Chairman and the Speaker and Deputy Speaker.
- Article 98 - Secretariat of Parliament.
Disqualifications of Members -
- Article 99 - Oath or affirmation by members.
- Article 100 - Voting in Houses, power of Houses to act notwithstanding vacancies and quorum.
Powers, Privileges and Immunities of Parliament and its Members
- Article 101 - Vacation of seats.
- Article 102 - Disqualifications for membership.
- Article 103 - Decision on questions as to disqualifications of members.
- Article 104 - Penalty for sitting and voting before making oath or affirmation under Article 99 or when not qualified or when disqualified.
Legislative Procedure -
- Article 105 - Powers, privileges, etc., of the Houses of Parliament and of the members and committees thereof.
- Article 106 - Salaries and allowances of members.
Procedure in Financial Matters -
- Article 107 - Provisions as to introduction and passing of bills.
- Article 108 - Joint sitting of both Houses in certain cases.
- Article 109 - Special procedure in respect of money bills.
- Article 110 - Definition of ‘money bills’.
- Article 111 - Assent to bills.
Procedure Generally -
- Article 112 - Annual financial statement (budget).
- Article 113 - Procedure in Parliament with respect to estimates.
- Article 114 - Appropriation bills.
- Article 115 - Supplementary, additional or excess grants.
- Article 116 - Votes on account, votes of credit and exceptional grants.
- Article 117 - Special provisions as to financial bills.
Legislative Power of the President -
- Article 118 - Rules of procedure.
- Article 119 - Regulation by law of procedure in Parliament in relation to financial business.
- Article 120 - Language to be used in Parliament.
- Article 121 - Restriction on discussion in Parliament.
- Article 122 - Courts not to inquire into proceedings of Parliament.
- Article 123 - Power of President to promulgate ordinances during recess of Parliament.