Bangladesh joins One Belt One Road Initiative by China
Q. Bangladesh has joined the One Belt One Road initiative created by which country?- Published on 18 Oct 16
c. North Korea
d. South Korea
Bangladesh and China on 14th Oct 2016 signed 26 agreements and MoUs during the visit of the Chinese president to Dhaka.List of MoUs signed includes
- MoU on One Belt One Road- Bangladesh joined China’s One Belt One Road Initiative.
- MoU to establish institutional cooperation in maritime issues and counter-terrorism.
- MoU to get a 1320 MW power plant constructed by China in Bangladesh
- Agreement to commence feasibility studies on the establishment of China-Bangladesh Free Trade Area.
- Agreement through which Beijing will train 500 Chinese-language teachers for Bangladesh, train 100 Bangladeshi cultural professionals and invite 600 Bangladeshi students to visit China from 2016 to 2020.
- China's TBEA inked a power grid deal worth USD 1.6 billion with Dhaka Power.
- Agreement to enhance high-level exchanges, maintain frequent contacts between leaders of the two countries on the sidelines of multilateral foray.
- Framework Agreement for Developing Cooperation on Production Capacity between Bangladesh and China.
- Agreement to continue their cooperation on river management, including dredging with land reclamation.
- The nations also jointly unveiled six projects, including multi-lane tunnel beneath the Karnaphuli River in Chittagong.
- Both the sides also signed various agreements of cooperation in areas of industrial capacity building, power and energy, information technology, investment, disaster management and culture.
Both countries also announced the year 2017 as the Year of Friendship and Exchanges between Bangladesh and China