Bengaluru has largest number of technology driven start-ups: ASSOCHAM
Q. According to ASSOCHAM, which city has the largest share of technology drive startups?- Published on 22 Aug 16
Bengaluru is host to the largest share of technology driven start-ups followed by Delhi-NCR and Mumbai while Hyderabad and Chennai are quite popular among techies who are budding entrepreneurs.
- Study was conducted in association with Thought Arbitrage.
- It found that technology driven startups growth was such that India moved up to third position with the US occupying the top position with more than 47,000 and UK with over 4,500.
- India’s tech startups number around 4200 up to 2015.
- In terms of total number of start ups, comprising tech and non tech areas, India figured among the five largest hosts in the world along with China.
- Number of startups in both India and China were 10,000 each.
- US is at world number one position among the overall list of 83,000 budding entrepreneurs.
- Of the Indian startups, riding on the technology, the IT hub Bengaluru was host to 26 percent.
- NCR had 23 percent and Mumbai 17 percent.
- In the catching up category Hyderabad had around 8 percent and Chennai and Pune at 6 percent each.
- Disruptive innovation in technology and process is creating new Indian startups and foreign investors including some of the well known venture capital funds showing interest in these startups.
- Synergizing Start Up India with Make in India and Digital India has the potential to expand Indian eco system for the new entrepreneurs.
- Paper suggested tax exemption for research and experimentation to encourage ideas without fear of failure.
- Courses on creation of small businesses need to be encouraged in the learning campus too.