Biotech- KISAN for least educated marginalised farmer
Q. Which of the following is/are true regarding Biotech-KISAN?
1) The aim is to understand individual problems of the smallholding farmers and provide ready solutions.
2) The scheme is targeted towards educated yet marginalized farmers.- Published on 27 Oct 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Only 1
- The scheme is targeted towards the least educated marginalised farmer;
- Scientists will spend time on farms and link communication tools to soil, water seed and market. The aim is to understand individual problems of the smallholding farmers and provide ready solutions.
- Biotech-KISAN will connect farmers to best global practices; training workshops will be held in India and other countries. Farmers and Scientists will partner across the globe.