Biren Singh was sworn in as Chief Minister of Manipur in Imphal.
The oath of office was administered by Governor Najma Heptulla.
Eight others were also sworn in, taking the number of Ministers in the BJP-led government to nine. Yumnan Joykumar Singh of the National People’s Party (NPP) was appointed as the Deputy Chief Minister.
The lawmaker from the Uripok Assembly constituency is a former Director General of Police from the State.
Biren Singh is the first BJP CM of the NE state.Manipur: Know More
- Manipur is a state in northeastern India.
- It has the city of Imphal as its capital.
- It is bounded by Nagaland to the north, Mizoram to the south, and Assam to the west; Burma lies to its east.
- Land area: 22,327 km²
- Founded: January 20, 1972,
- Population: 2.722 million (2011)
- Capitals: Imphal, Guwahati (Judiciary)