BRICS bi-lateral social security agreement
Q. Which of the following is/are true regarding BRICS Labour and Employment Ministers’ declaration?
1) Member countries will pursue multi-lateral social security agreements.
2) BRICS is committed to take steps to establish a network of lead labour research and training institutions in BRICS member states.- Published on 07 Oct 16
a. Only 1
b. Only 2
c. Both 1 and 2
d. Neither 1 nor 2
ANSWER: Only 2
- BRICS supports designing and implementation of comprehensive social security systems that are effective, equitable, and economically sustainable and address the needs of the society.
- BRICS therefore endorses the portability of social security benefits for migrant workers, encourage bi-lateral social security agreements amongst the BRICS member states and work towards developing a general framework for cooperation.
- BRICS is committed to take steps to establish a network of lead labour research and training institutions in BRICS member states for undertaking joint research and training activities, capacity building of various stakeholders and exchange of information in areas of expertise, with the cooperation of international organizations in particular the ILO.