Candidate key known as minimal superkey - Database
Programming Language (MCQ) questions
Q. Which of the following is / are known as a minimal superkey?
- Published on 26 Aug 15
ANSWER: Candidate key
C programming (
Software Engineering (
Web Technologies (
Data Structure (
Operating System (
-Posted on 02 Nov 15
- This key can be any column or a combination of columns that can qualify as unique key in database.
- There can be multiple Candidate Keys in one table.
- Each Candidate Key can qualify as Primary Key.
- This key is a column or a combination of columns that uniquely identify a record. Only one Candidate Key can be Primary Key.
- This key is a set of zero, one, or more attributes.
- The value(s) of these attributes are required to be unique for each tuple (row) in a relation.
- The value, or combination of values, of unique key attributes for any tuple should not be repeated for any other tuple in that relation.
- This key is a field (or collection of fields) in one table that uniquely identifies a row of another table.
- In simpler words, the foreign key is defined in a second table, but it refers to the primary key in the first table.
Post your comment / Share knowledge
Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above image, reload the page to generate a new one.)