Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research
Q. Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research has which of the following aim?- Published on 23 Jun 16
a. Convergence of modern and traditional Indian medicine
b. Treating patients wholly using only the Indian traditional medicine
c. Treating patients wholly through Yoga
d. None of the above
ANSWER: Convergence of modern and traditional Indian medicine
- The Centre for Integrative Medicine and Research is a pioneering initiative by AIIMS, New Delhi in the quest for convergence of contemporary medicine with India’s ancient and traditional medical practices.
- It has been envisioned as a “state of the art” research center where top experts from various disciplines of contemporary medicine will collaborate with Yoga and Ayurveda specialists, both for disease treatment, and for preventive healthcare.
- This step shall witness an integrated approach to healthcare, where the focus shifts from treatment to well being and prevention of diseases.
- The Centre will provide a potent platform for integrating the contemporary allopathy with the benefits of traditional knowledge in healthcare such a Yoga and Ayurveda.
- The Centre will seek scientific validation of Indian ancient medicine systems with a focus on Yoga. It has been designed as a perfect platform for rigorous research to establish the efficacy of our traditional methods of healing, which in turn should pave the way for their greater international scientific acceptability