Chattisgarh, HP ratify GS Bill
Q. Chattisgarh, HP ratified the GST bill on 22nd August 2016. Which is the fourth state to ratify the Bill in India?- Published on 23 Aug 16
Himachal Pradesh is the fourth state after Assam, Bihar and Jharkhand to ratify the GST Bill.
- HP Assembly on 22nd August 2016 ratified the GST bill unanimously.
- Bill was introduced by CM Virbhadra Singh and passed by voice vote.
- GST Bill was basically brought by the UPA government, the HP CM said, calling it the single biggest tax reform which will help in trade, services and commerce.
- Chattisgarh state assembly also unanimously ratified the GST Bill during a special one day session on the same date.
- Chattisgarh became the fifth state to ratify Constitution 122 Amendment GST Bill after Assam, Bihar, Jharkhand and HP.
- Sixteen various types of taxes have now been tabled into a simple taxation system.
- GST Bill was earlier passed by LS and RS and requires a specific number of states to ratify it before it becomes a law.